Wednesday, May 24, 2017

The "Ignoring" Decibel

There comes a time after being married many years that a husband starts to tune out his wife.
Oh, it's not all the time, and it's not even most of the time. So, being the curious cat that I am I asked my husband when it was that he did not hear me when I spoke to him. And he told me, "when you get that decibel in your tone, you know the one, that high-pitched voice of yours." So now I'm calling it the "Ignoring Decibel." It's usually the one I use when I call him by all three of his names. Like when I find that he left the water running in the tub and fell asleep on the bed when I get home from church. Things like that would make me use all three of his names. But, generally, I have no complaints. I landed a not a good egg, but a fantastic egg! He is my shaker to my salt and the cream to my coffee. He's even the Super Premium gas to my Porsche Boxster, and that's saying a lot. He's what makes my world a better place. He makes it fun. People say we're an odd couple because he's 6'4" and I'm only 4'9". Makes dancing kinda hard! (And funny looking, too.) We've sure had our share of ups and downs, which is putting it mildly, but we take it all in stride, because of love. LOVE, the magic four letter word, that this world needs more of, "it's the only thing that there's just too little of," to quote Burt Bacharach. You all should listen to Jackie DeShannon sing that lovely tune from 1965. It brings a tear to my eye. And so does the love for my hubby, even when he uses the Ignoring Decibel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment